Teamwork K-9 Training, Teaching Philosophy.
Providing education for people to effectively communicate with and to understand their dogs,
through the integration of science and humanity.
Teamwork K-9 Training believes in positive reinforcement, operant conditioning and force free training types. We use science to teach and train our furry and feathered loved ones. This is a hands-off approach to training which encourages dogs to think for themselves and to earn payment/rewards through offering desired behaviour.
Training with these methods result in a more confident and happy dog and also helps them to become more intelligent through problem solving.
These methods help people and their dogs or other types of pets, to work and learn together and creates a strong and trusting bond between them, leading to happy ‘forever’ homes. Our training program encourages the whole family to get involved and creates a valuable learning experience for the dog and their owners. ‘Real life rewards’ help to keep things fun for everyone.
Class Information for all sessions
Our classes are better for all sorts of reasons
- Our classes are fun, full of games, engaging and you and your dog will feel excited and eager to train
- Our class sizes are small to make sure all participants get optimum instruction. Typically maximum 6 dogs per trainer
- Each class is 55 minutes in length.
- You can arrive approximately 5 minutes before the beginning of class, but please wait for the previous class to exit first.
- Leash your dog from your vehicle into training room, and keep your dog on a leash.
- Leashes: 6 foot cotton or 6 foot leather (No retractable leashes or chain leashes allowed.)
- Collars: Flat collars, martingale collars, head halters, or body harnesses are suggested. (No prong collars are allowed.)
- Instructors will help you decide if different leashes and collars might work best for you and your dog.
- Running shoes or light hiking boots with traction are advised for the classes as you will be moving most of the time.
- Training tools such as clickers, targets, bait pouches etc. are always recommended and available for purchase.
- Additional classes can be scheduled as needed
Vaccinations: All dogs must have up-to-date vaccinations, a titre test or note.
Payment:• Payment must be made before the start of each class or class session.
• Payment options: Cash, Visa, MC, Cheque, e-transfer. • HST is charged on all training classes .
For all our second chance dogs.
All Humane Society adopted, other rescue or breeder rehome dog get 10% off! your first set of classes
So bring your adoption papers from the organization to pay 10 % less.
For more information on session dates and to sign up for any of our classes, please email us at or call 613 572-5398.